The City of Mansfield, Ohio, Director of Human Resources announces the opening of the
following grant funded position in the DIVISION OF POLICE:
POSITION: FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR SALARY: Established by Grant
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
• Under the direction of the Supervising Forensic Investigator and/or Forensic Science
Section Laboratory Director the Forensic Investigator is responsible for the Body Worn
camera and In-Car camera systems maintained by the Division of Police Forensic Science
• Process video related evidence from body cameras and cruiser cameras.
• Maintain inventory asset control of body worn cameras and in-car video equipment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY):
The duties & responsibilities of the Forensic Investigator include, but are not limited to the
• Perform skilled analysis, editing and recovery of evidentiary items collected by way of
body worn and in car cameras.
• Prepare and provide responses to public records requests.
• Properly file & distribute video related reports to the submitting law enforcement agency,
governmental department and/or courts.
• Maintain a clean working environment.
• Maintain records & logs of results/equipment and other requirements involved in
conducting analytical & physical procedures on evidence
• Maintain cameras & other equipment in proper working order, keep a maintenance log for
all cameras and equipment.
• Keep abreast of professional developments in the field of forensic science by reading and
studying journals and trade magazines
• Attend meetings and training courses regarding relevant forensic disciplines
• If problems arise, report the situation to the Laboratory Director.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: (1) crime laboratory techniques and procedures, (2) proper collection and
preservation of physical evidence, (3) digital & multimedia discipline related issues (4) digital
imaging and the use of digital imaging equipment, Ability to: (5) testify as an expert witness on
the examination of physical evidence, (6) prepare complete and accurate technical and
administrative reports, (7) analyze situations and develop workable solutions, (8) present ideas
effectively, orally and in writing gather, (9) establish and maintain effective working relationships
with police, detectives, investigators, elected officials, department heads, city employees, other
agencies, and the general public, (10)Maintain confidentiality.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Shall possess an Associate Degree in the area of Law Enforcement or is a current or previously
certified Ohio Peace Officer.
MUST POSSESS A VALID OHIO DRIVERS LICENSE.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not indicate exclusion of them if the work is
similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE ACCEPTED IN THE HUMAN
RESOURCES OFFICE. “WE ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER” WE DO
NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, AGE,
NATIONAL ORIGIN OR DISABILITY.