- Serve as the lead Digital Forensics Analyst and trainer focused on cellular exploitation, media exploitation, document exploitation, biometric (latent prints), and deoxyribonucleic (DNA) collection.
- Analyze workflows to optimize existing operating processes and/or develop new processes for the purpose of forensics exploitation and analysis.
- Identify new or improved forensic computer examination, media analysis, or biometric equipment and/or systems, programs, methods, and procedures.
- Participate in quality assurance activities, as necessary to ensure the laboratory meets mission objectives in accordance with established legal and professional standards.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance with Special Compartmented Information (SCI).
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, employee must successfully pass a urinalysis screening prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Required to obtain and maintain a Digital forensic certification within 24 months of employment.
- This position has a TDY or business travel requirement of 20% of the time to various CONUS and OCONUS locations. This may require travel on military aircraft, ships, and vehicles.
- The employee may be required to work uncommon tours of duty hours, working either fixed or rotating shift which may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays. Employee may be subject to recall situations during nonscheduled time periods.
- Must be willing to submit to Counterintelligence Polygraph if required.
- Subjected to the viewing of disturbing images and may be required to submit to a psychological evaluation.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes conducting forensics on digital media devices; utilizing a variety of hardware and software to recover data; maintaining integrity of submitted evidence; utilizing current latent prints processes; and recommending implementation of emerging technical solutions to command exploitation strategies. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 19 – Physical Security and Law Enforcement position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.
- Incentives such as student loan repayment, advance in hire, relocation, and recruitment MAY be authorized for qualifying selectees.