Digital Forensics Analyst
The successful candidate will be responsible for forensic examinations of computer and cell phone evidence. The basic responsibilities of the analyst include but are not limited to:
- Preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including computers, servers, and mobile devices, ensuring that the evidential integrity of the data is not compromised.
- Report detailed findings in preparation for review by investigators, prosecutors, or legal counsel, explaining complex technical concepts to nontechnical people.
- Research and develop new computer forensic tools and methodologies.
- Assess and troubleshoot a variety of technical issues.
- Form and articulate expert opinions based on analysis and report findings.
- Provide expert testimony in depositions, trials, and other proceedings.
- Must be willing to be on-call to respond to calls after hours/weekends/holidays.
Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media Forensics, Computer Science, Forensic Science, or closely related field is required. A graduate degree is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience as a multimedia or digital forensic analyst may be considered in lieu of a degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of two years’ experience working with analysis of digital evidence is required. An advanced degree may be considered as meeting partial experience requirements. CFCE or GFCE certification is strongly preferred. CCO, CCPA, GSAF, EnCE, or CCME or the ability to quickly gain certification is also strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated skill in PC hardware, related software applications, and networking, including UNIX/Linux and iOS operating systems and RAID configurations.
- Knowledge of incident response methodology in investigations.
- Demonstrated skills in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing work assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle conflict and uncertain situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with fellow employees, internal customers, and external customers.
- Ability to lift computers that can weigh up to 50 lbs.