Lead Network Intrusion Forensics Analyst
Current Secret Service employees only.
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations, Criminal Investigative Division will allow you to draw on your experience as a technical authority leading forensic analysts performing complex network intrusion investigations, computer/digital media forensic examinations, as well as criminal case preparation and subsequent prosecution associated with the attempted criminal exploitation of the nation’s critical infrastructure. For more information on the Secret Service click here.
The selectee will serve as a Lead Network Intrusion Forensics Analyst in the Office of Investigations, Criminal Investigative Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Conducting forensic acquisitions and exams on both live and offline computer systems, multiple operating systems (Windows, Apple, Linux, etc.), and mobile devices; conducting sophisticated network computer forensic analysis.
- Conducting network intrusion investigations and examinations, to include preservation of electronic evidence from both live and offline computer systems, net flow analysis, log analysis, and forensic malware analysis.
- Serving as a team leader over assigned Network Intrusion Forensics Analyst (NIFA), contractors and administrative support staff; providing expert guidance to those who perform network and digital forensics; ensuring organizational strategic plans, missions, visions and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team’s objectives and work plans; communicating effectively to management as to the status/accomplishments of the program.
- Preparing case summaries of evidence for legal prosecution; assisting in discovery conferences to explain and discuss forensic findings; preparing reports, correspondence, and official messages.
Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact mission critical support for investigative operations and the associated research and administrative functions of the Secret Service. This Lead Network Intrusion Forensic Analyst position starts at a salary of $121,316 (GS-14, step 1) with potential to $157,709 (GS-14, step 10).
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizenship is required.
Conditions of Employment If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a top secret Tier 5 clearance. For more information visit OPM Mythbuster Page.
- Submit to random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Undergo occasional travel.
- Financial disclosure report required.
You qualify at the GS-14 level (starting salary $121,316) if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level performing duties such as conducting network forensic analysis, mobile device forensic analysis, providing computer forensic support to law enforcement investigations in the form of evidence seizure and data recovery; and tracking the training and equipment needs of program analysts.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent grade band in the Federal service.
Qualifications Must Be Met: The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
No educational requirement for this position.