Digital Forensic Examiner 1
Crack the case in the exciting field of Digital Forensics!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch
- Must be willing to travel. Travel expenses will be paid
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Pennsylvania State Police has a permanent/full-time opening for a DIGITAL FORENSIC EXAMINER 1 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (Dauphin County). Duties include conducting examinations of digital equipment and media allegedly used to commit a suspected crime; preserving original evidence and producing an image for analysis purposes; troubleshooting, repairing, assembling, and disassembling digital devices to access needed evidence; assisting in court preparation of evidence and media used during prosecution; and testifying on digital evidence, the procedures used to obtain the evidence, and the findings of digital forensic examiners. Occasional paid travel is required.REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements – A bachelor’s degree in digital forensics or any information technology field which includes 3 credits in computer networking and 3 credits in information technology security or network security; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (obtained within one year from starting the certification process with the International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists.)
- If you are provided directions to upload transcripts during the application process but you cannot currently obtain them due to the temporary educational institution closures, please upload the official response from your institution regarding your request. In addition, if asked to provide transcripts for specific coursework, e.g., 12 credits in social science, you may upload a list of completed courses you believe are qualifying in place of the transcripts. The list must include the name of the school(s), course titles completed with a passing grade, and number of credits for each course. Once you receive a copy of your transcripts, you may send the document(s) and the specific job title and job number to which you applied to email@example.com. If selected for a position, you may be required to provide an official transcript to verify educational requirements.
- This job title has been identified as performing critical duties. Prior to placement in this job, the selected candidate, regardless of their current job, must submit a Report of Medications for screening by the State Police Medical Officer
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
- You must pass a background investigation
- A conditional offer of employment will require a drug screening