The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) has openings for Technology Analysts. Technology Analysts will help Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) in the trial bureaus build and enhance complex cases and investigations, and will assist with large-scale data collection, organization, and analysis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting ADAs in developing long-term investigations into criminal activity.
- Excel spreadsheets – writing formulas and creating pivot tables for data analysis and presentation.
- Phone data – reviewing of cell phone data dumps, assisting with cell phone mapping, and having the ability to perform data mining of phone data.
- Social Media and Communication Applications – becoming familiar with methods of communication, whether by email, text, chat, video calls, video messages, and file sharing, that is supported by various “apps,” social media sites, and other services provided by Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- Mapping –working with data in ArcGIS or other tools that have the capability to display geographic data. An understanding of geocoding and working with GIS data is preferred.
- PowerPoint – assisting in the creation of PowerPoint presentations for use in court or grand jury.
- Liaison to the High Tech Analysis Unit (HTAU). Collaborating with HTAU analysts and assisting ADAs in interpreting and understanding forensic reports and results.
- Perform related tasks as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various institutions, regulators, and law enforcement agencies to build institutional relationships.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and internet search and research capability required.
- Ability to quickly learn and use various computer systems is essential.
- Must possess a readiness to learn with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and creative problem solving skills are essential; must be detail-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Selected candidates must commit to serving at least two (2) years as a technology analyst in the hiring bureau.