Media Exploitation Trainer
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
Provides training mission activities by delivering Media Exploitation and/or Cell Phone Exploitation instruction in a manner that ensures effective understanding and application of skills taught. Develops, reviews, and refines lesson plans in accordance with the program. Evaluates and assess student baseline understanding of tasks. Delivers instruction in classroom and scenario settings. Performs ongoing evaluation of student knowledge and skills and provide verbal feedback as well as written evaluations.
- Reviews, refines, updates if necessary, and comment on lesson plans.
- Writes personal lesson outlines in support of existing Programs of Instruction and lesson plans.
- Designs and develops training materials in support of lesson plans, POI guidelines.
- Develops realistic training scenarios to replicate real-world operations.
- Plans, develops, and implements training courses in support of POI.
- Performs hands-on training activities and scenarios using subject matter expertise.
- Performs transport/setup/tear-down/reset of equipment for all training and practical exercises.
- Develops and implements evaluation tools, and perform assessment of participation learning.
- Makes recommendations for training course improvements to enhance participate learning.
- Travel internationally in support of training as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are related to the position.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of experience in related field; or a Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one (1) year of experience in related field.
Positions under National Forensic Science Technology Center will require Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two (2) years of experience in related field OR an equivalent combination of relevant training and/or military experience.
- Six (6) years of experience exploiting satellite, Code Division Multiple Access and Global System for Mobile Technologies OR six (6) years of experience exploiting cell phone technologies.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the following:
- Experience working with forensic software and hardware analytic programs .
- Experience locating, identify, and safeguard potential sources of digital evidence
- Experience Conducting searches, documenting and preserving digital media in accordance with accepted standards
- Experience Preparing reports and presenting results of digital media examinations orally and in writing
- Experience Conducting media exploitation and recovery of digital evidence in accordance with US Federal and State laws
- Experience providing technical training in the identified area of subject matter expertise for law enforcement or military personnel.
- Certification as a computer forensic examiner, International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners (IFSCE).
- Certification through Defense Cyber Investigations Training Academy (DCITA) as a Digital Media Collector (DMC), and Digital Forensic Examiner (DFE).
- Law Enforcement forensic experience of five (5) years or SOF operator with six (6) years of SOF SE experience and a graduate of OAC, TEC, or EAC with at least two (2) combat rotations or Counter Narco-Terrorism (CNT) deployments. Candidate can have CBRNE background with four (4) years SOF Support experience with at least two (2) combat rotations experience.
- Exploitation Analysis Center (EAC) experience.