The New York County District Attorney’s Office (DANY) anticipates two (2) openings for Investigative Analysts in its Human Trafficking Response Unit (HTRU), within the Special Victims Bureau. This unit is responsible for the investigation and prosecution of Sex and Labor Trafficking cases. The Investigative Analysts will work closely with lawyers, investigators, social workers, and external partner agencies to identify trafficking victims and perpetrators, and to help prepare cases for trial.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting forensic previews and analysis on electronic devices.
- Analyzing large amounts of financial, telephone and computer data for Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) and partner law enforcement agencies.
- Presenting evidence to the grand jury and petit juries.
- Generating subpoenas and other documents to request evidence.
- Analyzing internal and external data sets for evidence of trafficking.
- Securing and preserving online evidence for use at trial.
- Participating in witness interviews.
- Performing related paralegal tasks as requested.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to learn, update and edit existing proprietary applications and quickly learn and use various computer systems.
- Ability to work independently with frequent interruptions, manage deadlines and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, court representatives, law enforcement representatives and witnesses.
- Fluency in a foreign language (particularly Spanish, Russian, Mandarin or Cantonese) is helpful though not necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A one (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau.