The Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor (SNP) has an opening for an entry level Discovery Analysts in its Digital Forensic Unit (DFU). The DFU unit keeps us up with the pace of change occurring in digital forensic technology. DFU plays a crucial role in managing the growing volume of digital evidence coming to SNP. This office has principal responsibility for providing expert courtroom testimony, collecting/processing of digital evidence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Intake of incoming cases to be examined into evidence management system· Manage tracking electronic evidence
· Perform Forensic Services on electronic digital equipment
· Process, examine and analyze data collected from electronic devices
· Recover deleted user data, hidden data, file fragments, as well as temporary files
· Travel to various locations and retrieve data, for requested cases
· Prepare periodic reports regarding data volumes and locations and consult with team members regarding ongoing assessment of the effectiveness of applications in the environment
Qualifications:Working knowledge and understanding of evidence management
Proficient in the usage of forensic acquisition tools
Good understanding of networks, various file formats
Availability for short notice travel
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Skilled in standard computer operating systems and software (Adobe Acrobat, Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with strong ability to learn new software
Familiarity with standard computer operating systems, networks and hardware
Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Authorization to work in the United States is required for this position
Bachelor’s degree required; technology-related major preferred.
Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the legal field, preferably criminal justice related and/or with eDiscovery experience with a law firm or vendor.
Knowledge and skill set necessary for the following applications: Concordance, Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Premiere.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter online at: www.snpnyc.org/contact/career-employment.