Digital Forensic Analyst
This position is located in the Executive Office of the President, Office of Administration, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Information Governance Division.
As a Digital Forensic Analyst, GS-1801-13, your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Digital Forensics.
- Assist the Director of Information Governance in executing the mission’s information governance best practice activities, IT policies and procedures, and advisory initiatives throughout the EOP components.
- Develop and execute highly complex methods, techniques and lab-defined protocols for on-site preservation and seizure of digital evidence.
- Ensure best practices are continually reviewed, modified, and maintained.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national
- Selective Service registration is required if you are a male born after December 31, 1959.
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Executive Office of the President will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- May be required to successfully complete a one year probationary period.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final Top Secret (SCI) security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- This position requires EnCase Certification. Failure to obtain the certification within 12 months or failure to maintain the certification will result in a termination of appointment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the qualification requirements outlined below to be considered minimally qualified for this position. The qualification requirements are in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards.
ALL QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the next lower grade or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector.
You may qualify at the GS-13 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector that demonstrates applying an expert knowledge and application of advanced principles and best practices of digital forensics. Experience with at least 2 out of the 4 following forensics tools are required to be reflected: 1) Access Data FTK; 2) Encase Enterprise; 3) Encase eDiscovery/Cybersecurity/Analytics; and 4) Nuix. Specialized experience must reflect the processing and analysis of digital evidence to assist with the creation of affidavits and declarations utilized for legal proceedings and testimony.
Selective Placement Factor:
This position requires EnCase Certification. Failure to obtain Encase Certification within 12 months or failure to maintain EnCase Certification will result in a termination of appointment.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.