Special Agent – Predatory Crimes
ONE FULL-TIME PERMANENT SPECIAL AGENT-PREDATORY CRIMES POSITION WILL BE FILLED IN ST. PAUL, MN FROM THIS POSTING
This permanent, full-time position will manage and conduct the State’s most complex and sensitive felony investigations to primarily include; tracking non-compliant predatory offenders, human trafficking and investigating internet crimes against children cases. This position will also provide investigative and training assistance to local and federal agencies and other criminal justice organizations, thereby enhancing the safety and well-being of Minnesotans through the efficient apprehension, prosecution and conviction of dangerous criminals.
Agents in this position will also be required to be on-call and respond outside of the normal business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
ONLY WORK EXPERIENCE IN THE LAST 10 YEARS WILL BE CONSIDERED ELIGIBLE
In order to ensure that you receive full credit for any related experience and/or education, please be sure to provide detailed and complete information on your online resume.
In order to receive full credit for your skills and abilities, please provide specific information (dates) to ensure that you meet the fulltime investigative experience criteria
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
An Associates Degree from an accredited institution with 4 years of full-time experience as a licensed peace officer conductiing felony-level criminal investigations with a law enforcement agency – OR
A 4 year degree from an accredited institution plus 1 or more years of full-time experience as a licensed peace office conducting felony-level criminal investigations with a law enforcement agency – OR
A 4 year degree from an accredited institution, 4 or more years as a licensed police officer, plus 1 or more of the following specialized skillsets:
1. Fluency in a foreign language
2. Degree or certification in accounting or other closely related field.
3. Degree or certification in technology related specialty or computer scinece.
4. Demonstrated advanced computer skills Including but not limited to a degree in computer science/computer forensics, or one of the following certifications: EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), Global Information Assurance Certification Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
5. Juris Doctorate Degree
Applicants must be licensed as a Peace Officer in the State of Minnesota or be eligible to be licensed as a Peace Officer in the State of Minnesota.
Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, physical and psychological examination prior to hire.
Must reside within 35 miles to the assigned post (within State of Minnesota).
1. Investigative experience in Preditory Offender Registration.
2. Investigative experience in Human Trafficking.
3. Investigative experience in Internet Crime Against Children or related cases.
4. Investigative experience in Sex Crimes.
Requires occasionally moving and tranporting 50 pound items and frequently moving and transporting objects such as heavy tools and heavy file boxes. This job may require positioning self to move to a significant degree across rough terrain or may involve maintaining a stationary position for extended periods. Special Agents must be able to kneel, crawl, walk, stoop, bend, climb ladders, and have use of hands for carrying equipment (which may exceed 50 lbs).