Adjunct Instructor – Cyber Security & Digital Forensics
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position will facilitate learning for a bachelor of technology degree program in the area of cyber security & digital forensics and other IT-related disciplines through on-campus and/or distance-delivery strategies. Applicants do not need to be local to the Okmulgee, OK area to apply. We are actively seeking applicants for both our on-campus and online only courses to add to our excellent faculty in the School of Information Technologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain accurate records of students’ progress and provide them to administration when appropriate.
- Update course materials and curriculum in conjunction with the IT faculty, advisory committee representatives, general education faculty and technical program faculty will be an essential job function.
- Assume daily responsibility of housekeeping and maintenance of campus based classrooms and/or online courses.
- Maintain course gradebook and answer student questions visa email in a timely manner.
- Willingly spend the time necessary to accomplish assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintain up-to-date course outlines, objectives, assignments and tests.
- Willingly participate in both course and institution-wide student persistence efforts.
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with industry representatives and partners.
- Design interactive, engaging, technology-enriched and applications-focused student learning experiences.
- Participate fully in the academic assessment of student learning in alignment with the expectations of accreditation and governing entities.
- Embrace OSU Institute of Technology’s Graduate Performance Guarantee.
- Represent the School and University in appropriate professional and community organizations and related activities.
- Fulfill other responsibilities to meet the needs of the School or OSUIT.
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline (IT, Digital Forensics, Digital Security, etc.) from an accredited college or university.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Three years of evidenced industry experience in the areas of cyber security, digital forensics, etc.
- Teaching experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Professional experience with Linux, Red Hat certification preferred.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to plan, organize and fulfill complex initiatives.
- Computer skills to include electronic communications, word processing, and the ability to use specific software associated with the position are necessary.
- Ability to maintain high standards of work, initiative, commitment, ethics, professional responsibility and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with and promote diverse populations.
- Superior interpersonal skills—including the ability to effectively recognize and resolve complex problems in a constructive manner.
- Must exhibit characteristics of a team player, willing to take initiative and assume responsibility.
- Ability to foster and support innovation and excellence.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- If teaching online, must have consistent and reliable access to a computer and internet.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license is required if performing the functions of the position requires the use of a personal or university vehicle.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
- Normal classroom physical environment; ability to lift up to 25 pounds.