Image Analyst/Systems Administrator
The Virginia Department of State Police is seeking qualified applicants for an Image Analyst/Systems Administrator in the Bureau of Criminal Investigation, High Tech Crimes/Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Division, located in Fairfax, Virginia. This is an Exempt position; therefore, this position is excluded from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act due to the nature of duties and job responsibilities.
• Ensures that system hardware, firmware, operating systems, drivers software, and operating procedures adhere to the Commonwealth of Virginia Technology standards, policies, and procedures.
• Creates, maintains, changes, and deactivates iCrITT user accounts and reference information upon authorization from proper ICAC supervision.
• Catalogs and categorizes graphic materials relating to child exploitation which requires the incumbents review of explicit data and images and ingest images into Virginia’s central repository (Griffeye Analyze Collaborative Server).
• Serves and coordinates image analysis with the Project Vic Technical Team to ensure uniform cataloging and identification with the national voting standards.
• Ingests Data & Images into Virginia’s Child Exploitation Data System. Catalog CE material to aid task force members in the identification of live targets and their victims.
• Collects, compiles and collates statistical data from task force affiliate agencies for analysis and submission to the Virginia’s Child Exploitation Data System.
• Maintains and/or updates documentation of all material Department related to BCI and VSP policy and procedures, to include State Police Manual, Laws of Arrest, Search and Seizure and Criminal Procedures Manual.
• Conducts administrative duties as required.
• Provides assistance and training.
• Considerable knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems management, Virtual Private Networks, and systems software; and of UNIX script writing and UNIX file system concepts.
• Working knowledge of digital image forensics for the purpose of importation, analysis, and categorization.
• Skill in operating computers and using Microsoft Office applications.
• Demonstrated ability to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; to review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs; to collect, compile and collate statistical data for analysis; to develop and write technical documentation; to meet deadlines and provide support in a 24/7 high-pressure work environment; work independently and as a member of a team; to communicate information and technical data orally and in writing in English; to maintain accurate and complete files; to manage multiple priorities, and follow oral and written instructions; to prepare reports and correspondence; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel and representatives of other agencies and organizations.
• Graduation from high school or equivalent.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with major study in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred.
• Considerable Information Technology experience is required.
• An equivalent combination of training and experience indicating possession of the preceding knowledge, skills, and abilities may substitute for this education and experience.
POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION, BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION,
FINGERPRINT-BASED CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK AND
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING REQUIRED
SUBJECT TO RANDOM DRUG SCREENING
Elements of the selection process for this position will also include the screening of applications; interviewing of qualified candidates; and salary negotiations. The pre-employment process can take approximately up to three (3) months to complete. The anticipated duration of this process is determined by the successful completion of the above items.
Applicants must live in states east of the Mississippi River. Military applicants must live in or home of record must be in one of the states east of the Mississippi River.