Digital Forensics Analyst
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:Non-rotating 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States
The Digital Forensic Analyst will be responsible for conducting forensic investigations relating to criminal activity and perform a variety of forensic examinations on digital media and multi-media devices.
· Detailed forensic examination and analysis of computers, hard drives, mobile devices and digital media.
· Provide technical support for ongoing, criminal investigations.
· Create detailed reports for use by detectives, special agents and prosecutors for use in criminal cases in court of law.
· Brief investigators and attorneys on aspects of media analysis and explain technical details of reports.
· Attend search warrants at locations where digital evidence is present, provide proper collection procedures to ensure preservation, integrity, and chain of custody of evidence.
· Provide on-scene forensic review of evidence as required.
· Review cases and prepare for testimony in pending court cases.
· Provide expert testimony on forensic methods, media analysis, internet capabilities, social media and email.
· Attend training to maintain currency of qualifications, obtain information on updated forensic analysis methods and legal updates.
· May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
· Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of three (3) years of related experience
· A combination of education and pertinent experience may be considered
· Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) by IACIS, Certified Mobile Examiner (CCME) by Cellebrite required within three (3) years of hire (to be provided by department if necessary)
· Must be willing to travel out of state to attend training for up to five (5) weeks
· A valid driver’s license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license within 90 days of hire
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
· Texas Municipal Retirement System – TMRS is a required retirement plan for all full-time employees. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City will match employee contributions 2 to 1 during retirement.
· Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
· Vacation – 88+ hours per year
· Personal leave – 40 hours per year
· Sick leave – 96 hours per year
· Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
· Seven (7) Holidays
· Flexible Spending Account
· City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
· Learning & Development Academy
· Tuition Reimbursement Programs
· Employee Recognition Programs