IT Security Analyst, Senior
As a Senior IT Security Analyst, you will create dashboards, alerts, watchlists, and perform configuration of incident response tools. Participate on the incident response team. Perform host and network based forensic analysis to identify adversary behaviors and develop advanced detections and mitigations. Collaborate with FBI and PUPD in cyber investigations. Collaborate with Legal staff on eDiscovery and Data Preservation requests and perform related tasks as necessary. Act as security consultant for internal University departments and academic units. Take proactive measures to ensure the security of the network, including implementing signature-based blocks in the IPS.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four years of experience in security operations, host or network forensics, and/or SIEM operation
- In lieu of degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability, scripting, process automation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer technology, information security, engineering, business, or related fields
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.