Investigative Technician SIU
The salary range for this position is $21.11 – $30.63 per hour with an expected hiring range of $21.11 – $25.87 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Selection process timeline
Alternate dates for testing and interviews will not be available.
September 17: Written test
October 4: Oral Board Interview
October – November: Background Investigation
December 2: Tentative Start Date
- Process Police Department and Special Investigations Unit reports. Compose and type correspondence. Prepare various warrants and other legal documents.
- Research and analyze phone tolls to determine Call Detail Records and Text messages from Phone Tolls requested by Detectives.
- Research intelligence information to identify and locate suspects when directed
- Enter, retrieve and update data in computerized intelligence file.
- Prepare statistics and information for required reports.
- Process de-confliction when SIU undercover makes a purchase.
- Work with Sergeant to maintain Special Investigations Unit budget.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Multi-task and work on multiple projects and cases simultaneously with frequent interruptions by detectives.
- Performs initial investigative background on tips being received from the public and determine the proper referral.
- Utilize investigative data sources in the preparation of felony cases and use investigative databases to obtain criminal histories, name information, photographs, and other supporting information.
- Develop PowerPoint presentation for large cases to help keep all paperwork and CDs in order to be submitted to the District Attorney or Attorney General’s office and submit to evidence electronically.
- Monitor phones when a TT3 wire case is required and maintain status of documents for the District Attorney’s or Attorney General’s office.
- Field phone calls, questions, requests from area law enforcement agencies.
- Monitor jail calls
- CelleBrite/XRY phone “dumps” – both for evidence needs and intel
- Suspect/MO analysis
- Manage current tech systems including tracker software, Camera Viewer, etc.
- Pen data analysis
- Pen register assistance – faxes, spreadsheets, and charts created from Sy Tech
- Assist detectives in the analysis of intelligence information and pen date to support criminal investigations
- Assist intel officer with preparing relevant intelligence products for dissemination to law enforcement officers/organizations
- Retrieve phone numbers from pen registers to submit court orders to phone companies for subscriber information.
- Maintain highly confidential information.
- Participate in field activities by monitoring recording equipment, logging time and event, and logging evidence seized during execution of search warrants.
- Complete special reports, projects and other administrative assignments as required.
- Maintain checkbooks and pay statements.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
A minimum of two (2) years of administrative or investigative experience is required. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Associates Degree in a related field preferred.
Must have proficient computer skills; ability to operate computer systems involved with CCIC/NCIC, Intelligence management, AS/400, and CAD/RMS. Ability to plan, schedule and prioritize work. Ability to independently solve problems, work under pressure, and to meet deadlines. Ability to use proper spelling, punctuation, grammar, arithmetic and business English.
Operating a computer/typewriter keyboard, calculator, telephone and other standard office machines. Working at outdoor and other off-site locations such as residences or commercial locations. Extended period of time spent sitting in office setting. Must be able to sit, reach, push, pull, bend, kneel, write, speak, hear, and see.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Personal computer, typewriter, calculator, Dictaphone, fax and copy machine.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Employment offers will be conditional on an extensive criminal background investigation, polygraph examination, psychological examination, and drug screening.
APPLICANTS WHO ARE UNSUCCESSFUL IN THE SELECTION PROCESS MAY APPLY FOR FUTURE OPENINGS.
The City of Loveland is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation. We encourage, value and respect diversity.